Tag: 上海男士高级养生会所

Three journalists murdered in one week in Mexico

first_img Organisation Reports MexicoAmericas Receive email alerts RSF_en The western hemisphere’s deadliest country for journalists in 2015, Mexico is ranked 148th out of 180 countries in the 2015 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index. to go further The past week’s third victim was Gerardo Nieto Alvarez, the editor of El Tábano, a local newspaper, whose body was found in Comonfort, in the central state of Guanajuato, on 26 June. His throat had been cut. This is the first time a journalist has been murdered in such a violent manner in Guanajuato.The prosecutor in charge of investigating Nieto’s murder immediately ruled out any possibility of a link with his journalism, eliciting protests from his family, who told Reporters Without Borders they were convinced he was killed because of his work as a journalist.His son told Reporters Without Borders: “My father’s laptop has disappeared. It contained all the information he was going to publish. The prosecutor has not said anything about that.”Veracruz and Oaxaca are among Mexico’s deadliest states for journalists. The high rate of violent crime in these two states is blamed on the organized crime presence and local government corruption.Three other journalists have been murdered so far this year in Mexico: Moisés Sánchez Cerezo in Veracruz, and Abel Manuel Bautista Raymundo and Armando Saldaña Morales in Oaxaca. 2011-2020: A study of journalist murders in Latin America confirms the importance of strengthening protection policies May 13, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Local radio presenter Filadelfo Sánchez Sarmiento was gunned down by two men yesterday as he was leaving his radio station in Miahuatlan, a town in the southern state of Oaxaca, becoming the third journalist to be killed in Mexico in the space of a week. The other two were murdered in Veracruz and Guanajuato states. News News Sánchez, who worked for La Favorita 103.3 FM, had reported receiving threats, during elections last month. In a Facebook post on 6 June, he wrote: “Death threats against me again, and the announcement that the radio will be burned down on Sunday 7 June…”Relatives also reported that he and one of his colleagues received several death threats in September 2014 from persons close to Miahuatlan’s mayor without any investigation ever being carried out.Oaxaca’s governor said in a press release that he had asked the state prosecutor to “deploy all the human and legal resources necessary for carrying out the investigation and obtaining the arrest of these responsible for the radio announcer’s murder.”“We are appalled by all these murders of journalists in Mexico,” Reporters Without Borders programme director Lucie Morillon said. “Three deaths in a week – when will the violence stop?“We call on the Oaxaca, Veracruz and Guanajuato authorities to ensure that impartial, independent and thorough investigations are carried out and that those responsible for these despicable crimes are arrested. We also urge the authorities to make sure investigators do not systematically rule a possible link to the victim’s journalistic work right from the start of the investigation.”The body of Juan Mendoza Delgado, a local news website editor based in Medellín de Bravo, in the eastern state of Veracruz, was found in a Veracruz morgue yesterday, a day after he was reported missing. His body was reportedly taken to the morgue after he was run down by a car.Just a few days ago, the governor of Veracruz was very critical of journalists, accusing them of being linked to organized crime and warning them to “behave themselves.” News Follow the news on Mexico MexicoAmericas Reporter murdered in northwestern Mexico’s Sonora state May 5, 2021 Find out more July 3, 2015 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Three journalists murdered in one week in Mexico NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say April 28, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Interpol Dismantles Counterfeiting Ring in Latin America: 600 Detained

first_imgBy Dialogo October 04, 2010 Approximately six hundred individuals have been detained as part of a vast operation coordinated by Interpol in thirteen Latin America countries against a network trafficking in counterfeit goods worth $50 million (36 million euros), from car parts, soft drinks, sneakers, and toys to satellite receivers. Interpol made this announcement in a statement issued at its headquarters in Lyon (in eastern France), before specifying that Operation Jupiter began in March and that since then around three hundred raids and searches have taken place. The operation was carried out thanks to the joint work of police and customs agents, the private sector, and the public prosecutors of the countries involved, Roberto Manríquez, in charge of the operation, indicated in the same statement. “Interpol will continue to work with all of our member countries to target and dismantle the organized crime gangs behind counterfeits and fakes, which not only pose a significant threat to the health and safety of consumers, but also affect national economies, which during these times of global financial crisis can have even more serious consequences,” Manríquez maintained. Operation Jupiter included Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Surinam, Uruguay, and Venezuela. Interpol specified that final results will be announced when the operation is complete.last_img read more

Clippers not worried about slowing down after record start

first_imgLOS ANGELES >> With most of his teammates long gone from the locker room, rushing out of Staples Center to steal one last night at home before a three-game road trip, Jamal Crawford stood in the hallway and answered what might seem like an obvious question.Are the Clippers, the team that raced out of the gates before fading back into the field, a weird team to figure out?“A little bit. A little bit,” Crawford repeated. “This is around the time you start knowing (who you are), 20, 25 games in. I just looked at our record. 18-7. That doesn’t look bad at all.“If you’d have told me in our first 25 games, we’d win 18, sign me up.” The Clippers are in pace to win almost 60 games – a franchise record. But, they’ve scuffled over their last 10, going 5-5, leaving players, fans, pundits and writers a little confused,Crawford admitted it, too.The losses, he said, have been mostly puzzling. There were stinkers at Staples Center against Oklahoma City, Memphis and the Pacers, a meltdown in Brooklyn and just a terrible performance in Indianapolis.“Some of the losses, the fashion we lost in, they’ve been somewhat self-inflicted, not to take away from the other teams,” Crawford said.Early in the season, the Clippers’ players and coaches spent a lot of time talking about how the team was playing, praising the sense of urgency, the attention to detail, the relentless focus. It was something they were able to sustain for, say, three weeks. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img Since then, whether it’s a lack of practice time, overall fatigue or the realization that the finish line is months away, the Clippers haven’t been the same.A two-practice week certainly helped them in home wins over New Orleans and Portland, but the team is about to embark on another four-week stretch where they’ll likely practice.Instead of over-reacting to the ups and the downs, the Clippers and Crawford know their level of play will ultimately only matter later this year.“We’ll be judged on our postseason anyways,” Crawford said. “If we won 70 games, people would still want to see what we did in the playoffs.”Rivers honored at alma materAustin Rivers, who missed Monday’s game against Portland with a concussion, was healthy enough to travel with the team to Florida for their upcoming games in Orlando and Miami.More importantly, he was able to attend a ceremony at Winter Park High School, where his high school honored the Clipper guard by retiring his jersey.Rivers, a McDonald’s All-American, led Winter Park to back-to-back state championships. His Clipper teammates, including Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, were on hand for the ceremony.NotesThe NBA acknowledged officials missed four calls in the final 2 minutes of the Clippers’ win Monday against Portland, with two calls going against each team. Portland, the NBA said, should have been called for a pair of fouls on a critical late-game possession that resulted in a Clipper turnover. …The Clippers are listing Rivers as “out” for their game with the Magic Wednesday.last_img read more